Wednesday 26 April 2006

Cyborg Art

I.C. - Cyborg (2006)
A tip from Jacoblog took me to Worth1000.com for the results of its RoboRen 5 contest of "Borgged art". Entries seem to have been limited to those of you rich enough to own Adobe Photoshop. Some famous paintings have been given impressive cyborg makeovers. Neither of my favourites won an award: Hog Heaven's sinister Bouguereau girl Sexy Leg and The GWT's masterly Davinator, whose pose is unmistakably that of Michelangelo's David. Great computer art. Click the title link to see the 17 best entries.

2 Comments:

At 27/4/06, Blogger Unknown said...

You're welcome to the shout. Thanks again for your tip. I'll be visiting that website again. The Bouguereau "Sexy Leg" is the one that's got me foxed. I wasted hours on the web trying to track down the original, because I'm sure there's a subtle change to the girl's face, but I can't find the damned thing! I'm not even certain whether it was by Mr or Mrs Bouguereau. (His wife painted in the same style.) Yet I know the painting! Any clues?

 
At 1/5/06, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sorting out this one for me. I've been cracking up over that face! It looks far too sinister to be Bouguereau's work, especially with the tongue just showing, but I couldn't find the original to compare it. Normally his girls look like angels - even the little peasants -, but this one has a devilish streak, and with the saucy robotic leg...
By the way, I had to join Xanga to put a remark on your blog. I've decided to use my Xanga blog just for posting and (hopefully) collecting links to good art websites. I haven't set it up properly yet.
Thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home