Thursday 6 July 2006

Asian Lifestyle Show

Asian Lifestyle Show 2006 logo
It's curry time at Olympia again, for the 3rd year running. Asian Lifestyle Show 2006 will dazzle London's Olympia Grand Hall from 14 to 16 July, admission £15! This is one for girlie wannabees, with daily fashion shows, Bollywood stars, cookery, pop music and henna art. Dream on. I can't tell you anything about the performers, except that none of my favourite Asian singers or musicians will be there. Click the title link for more info.
(Note for US readers: "Asians" hail from the Indian subcontinent. You use the term to refer to Orientals. I wish you'd get this right.)

1 Comments:

At 6/7/06, Blogger Unknown said...

I have seen your pictures, don't forget. You're a young lady and very pretty too, so I guess this girlie stuff would appeal to you. Question: Do you know if Alka Yagnik has released a CD of solo songs? She's my favourite among the younger Asian singers. She sings a lot of Bollywood duet rubbish, putting on a squeaky little voice to contrast with the male booming, but when she goes solo with a decent song, she's got a tremendous range and a very powerful voice. If you know of a solo album, I could get my library to try to order it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home