Wednesday, 19 July 2006

Tut tut, Tate!

Chris Ofili - The Upper Room
The Charity Commission has politely criticized the Tate Gallery for buying works of art by its own trustees without asking permission of the Commission, which regulates charities in the UK. The artworks include Chris Ofili's The Upper Room - 13 paintings of rhesus monkeys on elephant dung supports - bought for £600,000 in 2004 when Ofili was on the Tate's board of trustees. £600,000 to a trustee for a load of elephant dung! Is this corruption or what? No, it's dung, the stock-in-trade of Tate Modern. What a waste of taxpayers' money! And the Tate spokesman on BBC TV News today seemed quite blasé about it all. Bit of a whoopsie, folks, was his attitude. Why on earth did the Charity Commission allow the Tate to keep its status as a charity? Why hasn't somebody at the Tate been sacked? And why has the Tate been allowed to keep its vastly overpriced dung? For Goodness' sake! I can remember the days when somebody at the top would have resigned over a scandel like this. Nobody is accountable any more, and the new men at the top don't have the decency to resign. Sir Nicholas Serota is the Tate Director. Come on, Sir Nick, show some decency. Resign!

4 Comments:

At 19/7/06, Blogger weggis said...

Fat cat. Fat wallet. Fat chance.

 
At 19/7/06, Blogger Jacoblog said...

Tsk. It's like joke:


MEMORANDUM

TO: All Employees
FROM: Communications Services
SUBJECT: SPECIAL HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING

In order to assure that we continue to produce the highest quality work possible, it will be our policy to keep all employees well-trained though our Special High Intensity Training (S.H.I.T.). We are giving our employees more S.H.I.T. than any other office in town. If you feel you do not receive your share of S.H.I.T. on the job, please see your supervisor. You will be placed at the top of the S.H.I.T. list for special attention.

All of our supervisors are particularly qualified to see that you get all the S.H.I.T. you can handle at your own speed.

If you think that you have a thorough understanding of the basic S.H.I.T. program, you may wish to participate in Management Of Related Education (M.O.R.E. S.H.I.T.).

If you consider yourself to be trained enough already, you may be interested in helping us train others. We can add you to our Basic Understanding Lecture List (B.U.L.L. S.H.I.T.).

Some of you already display aptitudes that would easily allow you to enter the Director of Intensity Program (D.I.P. S.H.I.T.). Those who do not qualify for this position but are still interested will certainly be referred to the Director Under Management Bureau (D.U.M.B. S.H.I.T.). Those individuals who do not meet the requirements of The Bureau must first complete Special Training Under Personal Individual Discretion, Special High Intensity Training (S.T.U.P.I.D. S.H.I.T.).

If you have any further questions, please address them to our Head Of Training, Special High Intensity Training (H.O.T. S.H.I.T.) program.

Thank You.

Boss in General
SPECIAL HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING
(B.I.G.S.H.I.T)

Copy to: Complete Registered Organized Computerized Knowledge Originating Firsthand; Special High Intensity Training division. (CROCK-OF-SHIT)

 
At 19/7/06, Blogger Coxsoft Art said...

Yup. That's it in a nutshell.

 
At 19/7/06, Blogger Coxsoft Art said...

Sounds just like where I work when I'm not blogging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home