Tuesday 5 December 2006

Spams, Phish and Art

Spammer graphic - Allure (2006)Following my recent blog on a phishing expedition that targets PayPal users, sculptress Julianna Yau emailed me with the news that she's set up a website that warns of a variety of scams, especially those which target artists. It's called Bogus Art Fair Info (hint). I've been wondering about a suitable graphic for this blog. Today, the Yambo Financials Spam Gang sent me one. Thanks, guys. Just what I needed. Nice graphic, very artistic. I see you still can't spell. (N.B. this is a spam, not a phish nor a scam.) To learn more or to share your woes, click the title link for Julianna Yau's Bogus Art Fair Info website. To learn about the George Craige Art Scam, discussed on Art News Blog, click HERE. To view the BBC's Anatomy of a Spam, click HERE.

2 Comments:

At 5/12/06, Blogger weggis said...

They obviously think that the Art community is gullible.
Come on Coxsoft, you've got to admit they have a point!

 
At 5/12/06, Blogger Unknown said...

Think Sotheby's and Christie's. They make more dosh than the UK Government!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home