Thursday 18 August 2011

Nigeria Into Space

I enjoy artists' impressions of hi-tech novelties. They prove that not all contemporary art is junk. It's a shame these artists rarely get credited. This graphic by an unknown artist shows one of two Nigerian observation satellites, made in the UK and successfully launched in Russia yesterday (title link). The excuse for this extravagance is to monitor weather in a region seasonally ravaged by disasters, but it looks like an ego trip to me. I can still recall all those phishing scams I received from the Nigerian Mafia. "Dear Friend, I am a widow and need your help to get my husband's loot out of Africa. All I need is your bank details. God bless." They don't send that stuff to me any more. I wonder why. From phishing scams to satellites. Didn't they do well?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home