Thursday 18 October 2012

James Mylne's Bic Art

BBC News has published a Paul Kerley slide show of British artist James Mylne's photorealistic artwork made using Bic biros (CLICK). A voiceover by the artists explains his use of ballpoint pens. He works from photos. Above is one of his portraits of Audrey Hepburn, an obvious favourite. His current show Vintage Vogue at Rook & Raven Gallery in London focuses on the elegance and style of female icons of the 1940s to '60s. The show runs until 31 October (CLICK).

8 Comments:

At 18/10/12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks good enough to be a sepia photograph.

 
At 18/10/12, Blogger Unknown said...

That's what photorealism is all about. But does it improve the original photo?

 
At 19/10/12, Anonymous Oliver said...

You will like my work if you like this. I also work in BIC pen. You can my stuff here. www.olivercartwright.com

 
At 19/10/12, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Oliver

I do indeed like your Bic art. I'll do a post on it if that's OK.

 
At 19/10/12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! I would appreciate it very much!. Please feel free to contact me at sketch@olivercartwright.com if you need any info in particular.

Speak soon. Oliver

 
At 19/10/12, Blogger Unknown said...

Posted today. I used your Self Portrait as the most eye-catching piece. I didn't know Bic did so many colours!

 
At 20/10/12, Anonymous Oliver said...

Actually that is painted digitally. The original (black & white)
drawing can be seen on my website. Or here. ;) http://www.olivercartwright.com/image/31954658688

and here http://www.olivercartwright.com/image/31954486927

Thanks for the post!

 
At 20/10/12, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Oliver

I wondered how on earth you got all of those colours with Bic pens! I'm pretty sure it said Bic on your website under that graphic. Oh well, I'll add a footnote to my post.

You're welcome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home