Wednesday 11 December 2013

12 Cyber Scams

BBC News has published The 12 cyber-scams of Christmas by Prof. Alan Woodward, Department of Computing, University of Surrey. This is an article everyone who owns a computer, a tablet or a smartphone should read (CLICK). Even the boring old telephone is open to some of these scams. The one that annoys me most is from a clattering Indian call centre, allegedly from Microsoft to warn me that I have a virus on my PC. If I'll just go to the website the caller will read out to me, the virus will be fixed. Like hell it will! This is a scam to put a virus on your computer. Microsoft will never phone you with such a message. I've signed up to the unsolicited calls blocker, but the Indian call centres bypass it. Infuriating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home