Friday 14 February 2014

IGPOTY Winners

What better way of ignoring our dreadful winter for a while than perusing the winners and finalists of the International Garden Photographer of the Year competition (IGPOTY)? The photos are brilliant. This Golden Leaves caught my eye, photographed by Jasmine Clegg, Age 12, taken in Berlin, Germany, finalist in the Young Garden Photographer of the Year. The exhibition opens at the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew tomorrow, if it isn't underwater (CLICK). CLICK for a BBC slide show by Paul Kerley

4 Comments:

At 14/2/14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photo was taken in Berlin, but she's actually from Cornwall, UK. :-)

 
At 14/2/14, Blogger Unknown said...

As you don't publish the comment without first approving it, I don't feel this needs to be anonymous. I'm Jasmine's mother, and just wanted you to know that she's actually from the UK, lives in Cornwall. She's thrilled that you've selected her image for this blog!

No need to post this comment, just thought I'd correct you.
Thanks

 
At 14/2/14, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the info. I thought her name didn't sound Germanic.

 
At 14/2/14, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Jo

I've already been corrected, thank you. I'm glad Jasmine is thrilled I chose her photo. That's nice to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home