Sunday 28 December 2014

John Carter Film

Amidst all the repeats and festive dross on British TV, I've actually found a premiere! John Carter (2012) is based on the first of Edgar Rice Burroughs' series of Mars fantasy novels A Princess of Mars (1917). It stars Taylor Kitsch as John Carter and Lynn Collins as Princess Dejah Thoris, the exotic beauty who captivates Carter. What's the point of being a hero with superhuman powers if you haven't got a princess in distress to rescue? The film is on today on BBC Two at 6pm (CLICK). Will the BBC let me see it on my PC?

Update: no, it won't. I got the usual copyright message telling me I can watch it on my TV. I would if I had one. Nowadays people are watching TV on laptops, even smartphones. The modern TV is a computer in disguise. So what is the BBC playing at? Why is it wasting licence payers' money on programmes those of us without TVs can't view, due to copyright restrictions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home