Wednesday 22 February 2006

New cartoons row!

"Oh no," you moan. But this time it's not Danish cartoons and not Muslims. This time it's an episode of the USA animated cartoon series South Park that has offended Catholics in New Zealand. On Sunday, New Zealand's Catholic bishops signed a letter urging the country's 500,000 believers to boycott C4 - the TV station showing the offensive episode - and its sister station TV3. Don't these bishops understand anything about human nature? They've just guaranteed that viewing figures for South Park (a show I'd never heard of before) will shoot through the roof!

Incidentally, I found this item while trying to track down a new cartoons museum - London's first - which was featured on BBC TV London News yesterday. I tried searching the BBC News website and all I got was riots. So I tried its Entertainment section and found this barny!
And now you want to know what it's all about, don't you? I'm not telling! If you're Catholic, click the title link on pain of excommunication.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home