Monday 3 March 2008

Heath Ledger Portrait

Vincent Fantauzzo - Triple Portrait of Heath Ledger plus artist (2008)Less than two months before his untimely death in January of this year at the age of only 28, Academy Award-nominated actor Heath Ledger sat for this triple portrait by fellow Australian Vincent Fantauzzo. (The artist is shown sitting in front of his painting.) The portrait has been entered into the 2008 Archibald Prize, Australia’s top award for portraiture. It's a clever work as well as a talented one. Painting the actor from three angles not only reveals more of the face, but also suggests different acting roles and reflects the Hollywood poster treatment of movie stars. Vincent says he'll give the painting to Heath’s family.

2 Comments:

At 8/11/10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a poster of this painting signed by the artist, my question is if I were to put it on the market what sort of return should I expect..you can reach me at soulplay@tpg.com.au

 
At 8/11/10, Blogger Unknown said...

To be honest, I've no idea. I guess it depends how many he signed. If a lot, it probably isn't worth much. If only a few, it might be worth something. It's rarity that makes big money.

You could auction it on Ebay or pop into your nearest art dealer and ask him. It should appreciate in value, so might be worth keeping for a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home