Wednesday 18 February 2009

Dulwich Gallery Awards

Murillo - The Flower Girl (1670)One of my favourite galleries in London, the Dulwich Picture Gallery, has received two acclamations for its new website: 1) The Interactive Media Council award for Outstanding Achievement, and 2) inclusion in the Encyclopaedia Britannica iGuide site, a directory of the Web’s best sites. The gallery's education department has also been shortlisted for a Sustainable City Award - winners announced tomorrow at Mansion House - for its Good Times: Art for Older People programme. Back in 2006 I awarded its old website the Coxsoft Art Silver Surfer Friendly Award (CLICK). I've illustrated this post with one of my favourite paintings in the gallery: Murillo's The Flower Girl (1670). Compare it with the stark realism of Doré's Flower Girl I posted yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home