Sunday 23 October 2011

Wildlife Artists

The next exhibition at the Mall Galleries in London is The Natural Eye: Society of Wildlife Artists, which opens on 27 October and runs till 6 November. This is the 48th annual show of the Society of Wildlife Artists. Paintings, drawings, sculpture and printmaking will be displayed. Don't let Matt Underwood's overly impressionistic Bullfinches put you off. You'll find some good art at the show. Admission is £2.50 adults, £1.50 silver surfers (title link).

6 Comments:

At 24/10/11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the Bullfinches...too much realism is called photography...

 
At 25/10/11, Blogger Unknown said...

Each to his or her own. This is approaching an abstract design. I had trouble finding the second bullfinch. My yardstick on bird paintings is Thorburn. He was the master. And the best of photographers still needs to take great photos to come up to his standard.

 
At 28/10/11, Blogger Matt said...

I'm very fond of my bullfinches too :)

best wishes,
Matt Underwood

 
At 28/10/11, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Matt

But are there 2 or 3? I think I've spotted a third one, but I'm not sure. I hope you sell it anyway.

 
At 29/10/11, Blogger Matt said...

Thank you :)

Yes, there are 3 birds

 
At 29/10/11, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for confirming that, Matt. I wasn't sure whether my eyes were getting worse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home