Monday 10 March 2008

Bombed Again!

Remember these? Atari ST BombsRemember Atari ST bombs? This morning, Adobe Flash Player 9 crashed IE6 three times. This is despite the fact - perhaps because of it - that I recently downloaded the latest Flash Player update. It crashed on Empireonline and twice on Technorati, the second time apparently due to an intrusive advert. According to good old Dr Watson, "Adobe Flash Player 9.0 r115 attempted to execute an invalid instruction". I don't know whether these bombs are due to Flash Player's being a badly designed program or to incompetent website designers who don't know how to use it. What I do know is that last year I replaced Adobe Reader with Foxit Reader 2.2 (CLICK) and I'm now waiting to see if Microsoft can do with Silverlight (title link) what Adobe obviously can't do with Flash Player: design idiot-proof software that remains stable whatever the browser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home