Monday 17 November 2008

Sterling Stuff II

Damien Hirst - I Once Was What You Are, You Will Be What I Am (2008)Guess who? Yes, it's Moneybags Hirst's latest brush with death, this one in silver, given the usual verbose title: I Once Was What You Are, You Will Be What I Am. Thanks for reminding us, Moneybags. He's also exhibiting something that looks like a sword from a swordfish on a cow's head: Grotesque Unicorn. This nonsense is part of Sterling Stuff II, which opened today at Pangolin London's King Place Gallery and continues until 18 January 2009 (title link). The gallery commissioned 50 contemporary artists to create works in silver. (It did the same in 2002 for Sterling Stuff I). Amidst all the glitter, watch out for Shoe Tongue by fashion photographer David Bailey CBE, the new kid on the sculpture scene. I can't say it's as artistic as his best photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home