Wednesday 2 February 2011

D'Opium TV Ban

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has banned an Yves Saint Laurent TV commercial for Belle D'Opium, which shows this blonde tart acting as though drugged and eventually collapsing on the floor. The voiceover states: "I am your addiction. I am Belle D'Opium." The ASA especially objected to the tart running her finger down her inner arm, implying the injection of opiates. It rejected the firm's manifestly dishonest claim that it hadn't intended to use drug imagery. What a stupid and irresponsible way to sell perfume! Personally I avoid women who stink of perfume. It gets up my nose, lays on my chest and strongly suggests the woman has poor body hygiene. A subtle hint of soap and toothpaste is far sexier and a hell of a lot cheaper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home