Tuesday 2 August 2011

Dreamspace Again?

Do you remember Maurice Agis' Dreamspace, an inflatable sculpture which took off in a freak gust of wind and killed two people inside it (CLICK)? Mr Agis vowed that Dreamspace would never be used again (CLICK). So imagine my surprise when something very similar popped up in Lisbon yesterday. I wasn't there: the photo was posted today in ArtDaily's The Best Photos of the Day (title link). This lookalike Dreamspace is called Miracoco and is credited to British artist Alan Parkinson. I hope it's tethered well! Read Architects of Air (CLICK).

2 Comments:

At 11/8/11, Blogger AlanAoA said...

In Lisbon the structure is secured by 13,000 kilos of ballast distributed around 100 anchor points - so yes,no worries, it is well tethered.

 
At 11/8/11, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Alan

Thank you for the information. I saw recently it had moved to Scotland for the Fringe. I had my fingers crossed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home