Saturday 12 January 2013

Samreen Ahmed

I am continually amazed by the poor photos the police release of missing persons. Shown is Samreen Ahmed, a 15-year-old schoolgirl who left her home in High Wycombe on 2 January. On the left is the overexposed photo released by the police. On the right is my enhancement of a few minutes, obtained by decreasing the gamma setting in XnView. Now we can see her clearly, she looks too sophisticated to be 15. She appears to be in her early 20's. Running away from an arranged marriage? She was seen boarding a train to Birmingham Moor Street and was last seen in Circus Drive, Glasgow, on Thursday (CLICK).
Update: found safe and well on 14/1/13 (CLICK).

6 Comments:

At 13/1/13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People like you make me sick, your soo ignorant and assume that because she looks mature for her age and she's Asian she must be running away from an arranged marriage!?!?! I know this girl and she is 15 years old. So stop trying to shed a negative light on a family that is just worried about their 15year old daughter’s whereabouts!!

 
At 13/1/13, Blogger Unknown said...

So what is she running away from, clever dick? You should know.

As for my assumption of an arranged marriage, two of my Asian work colleagues were shipped off to Pakistan. One returned with 2 black eyes - whether from weaping or being beaten she wouldn't say. The other girl didn't return until she had a new baby to show us.

If you weren't such an ignorant twerp, you would be thanking me for enhancing her image, making it easier to locate her.

 
At 17/1/13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just because you enhanced her picture doesnt mean you have the right to comment on a situation you know nothing about i also know this girl and what she went through is none of your business we appreciate your concern and fair enough there is various cases in which that does hapen but every situation is different people have all sorts of problems just because shes asian doesnt mean her problems were arranged marriage.... Appreciate the concern but please keep your opinions to yourself.

 
At 18/1/13, Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't express an opinion. I posed a question, a legitimate question. The two comments I've received show no understanding of the meaning of a question mark (?). I suggest you both learn better English before you start arguments. I hope Social Services is helping Samreen with her problems, whatever they are.

 
At 28/1/15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

some serious stuff

 
At 28/1/15, Blogger Unknown said...

Indeed. Some people don't want to be helped. I wish I'd heard from Samreen herself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home