Monday 7 August 2006

Worth1000 update

Left: Nicole Kidman (2006), right: Rubens The Straw Hat (1626)
A post on Art News Blog reminded me that I haven't given you the results of the Worth1000 Monster ModRen 4 art competition. Renaissance Jason by David Owens won it. Jacoblog's favourite, Scary Lisa by BundyAl, came 5th, and my favourite, Kong by MA1947, came 7th. Oh well. The latest competition is Modern Renaissance 6. As always, the standard is extremely high. My favourite so far is Rubens Kidman by SigloV. I've twinned the lovely Nicole with the original Rubens - The Straw Hat (1626) - to show you what this competition is about. If you have the slightest interest in digital art, click the title link.

3 Comments:

At 8/8/06, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree the Lady with an Ermine is good, but it didn't strike me as being Kidman, just a beautiful woman. The Rubens Kidman really catches her likeness and her vivacious personality.
There's hours of harmless fun on Worth1000, isn't there? I wish it weren't so slow on my old PC.

 
At 8/8/06, Blogger Unknown said...

P.S. To be pedantic, Rubens wasn't a Renaissance artist; he was Baroque. So I guess the Rubens Kidman ought to be disqualified. But it's all down to the voters. I think Kidman is more Baroque than Renaissance. So it suits her style. (Maybe a touch of Rococo too?)

 
At 8/8/06, Blogger Unknown said...

True. But I hate to think what Picasso would have made of her in his cubist period!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home