Thursday 12 October 2006

Banksy's Justice

Banksy - Statue of Justice (2004)I'm very late with this story - BBC News covered it on 4 August 2004 -, but I thought you'd enjoy it all the same. I was seeking a graphic of London's latest statue: a construction worker to commemorate all those who die on UK building sites, more than one a week. But I could only find a pesky video. While searching, I chanced upon this gem from Banksy. Not yer average construction worker, I must admit! Those are dollar bills tucked inside Justice's garter belt. You think he's kidding? No way. The UK legal system is rubbish. The most expensive lawyer usually wins the case. Only the rich can afford to sue. The rest of us have to suffer it: losing our jobs, our limbs, our kids, whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home