Monday 14 May 2007

Pete Panse Sues

Peter PanseThe Times Herald-Record reports that high school art teacher Peter Panse filed another lawsuit in the U.S. District Court in White Plains last Wednesday. So far, it has cost school district taxpayers an estimated $113,176 in legal fees to persecute a respected art teacher over his proposals for life classes for his more advanced students. And there's a lot more expense to come, folks! Go for it, Pete. (To read my previous posts on this saga, enter Pete Panse in the Blogger search box.)

4 Comments:

At 14/5/07, Blogger jafabrit said...

I can't believe this hasn't been resolved yet. The read the details of the case and I just shake my head!

 
At 14/5/07, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Jafabrit
It's resolved so far as Pete's job is concerned. He was suspended with pay for 14 months (add that to the legal bill) and is now back at work. I've no doubt his art students' exam prospects suffered as a result of his absence.
It's now payback time for those who defamed Pete. I understand he also wants to make some legal points about constitutional rights, which might well make US schools think twice before shooting their mouths off about any other art teacher who wants to offer life classes to his students.
So, this is becoming an important case that might drag on for years. And Middletown High may well foot the entire bill plus damages!

 
At 14/5/07, Blogger jafabrit said...

thanks for the update and I hope to see him win his case. The way this teacher was treated was abominable.

 
At 14/5/07, Blogger Unknown said...

I absolutely agree. It's cases, by the way. I think he's got at least three lawsuits pending against various people involved in the defamation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home