Tuesday 5 June 2007

Anthony's Daily Doodle 2

Anthony - Doodle for Sunday 3/6/07 © Anthony (with the artist's permission)Back in April, I posted an article on Anthony's Daily Doodle at Art Forums UK (CLICK). He's still going strong. This is one he posted last Sunday. Count the lines. I make it about 15. One line represents a head of dangling hair. And it works! An entire female figure is conveyed with little more than a dozen confident lines. This really is minimalist art. I've taken the liberty of making a gamma adjustment to darken the pencil lines slightly. Click the title link to view 15 pages of Anthony's doodles.

5 Comments:

At 5/6/07, Blogger jafabrit said...

I have always been amazed at how artists with the fewest of lines could depict the human form.

I think it is that amazement that keeps me enthralled and plugging away in my studio.

ta ra for now from the jafa art baby.

 
At 5/6/07, Blogger Unknown said...

It's one of the artist's favourites too.

 
At 5/6/07, Blogger Unknown said...

P.S. You have a studio? Wow!

 
At 6/6/07, Blogger jafabrit said...

yes in my spare bedroom, big enough to swing a cat, dance to music and create my weird stuff lol!

I would prefer of course to have a studio in an old rotten warehouse type place where I could not only dance, but splatter the walls and floors with gay abandon.

 
At 6/6/07, Blogger Unknown said...

It's your spare bedrooom. Splatter away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home