Sunday 2 September 2007

FeedBlitz News

FeedBlitz LogoA number of you subscribe to Coxsoft Art News through FeedBlitz in order to receive my posts by email. You may have noticed some minor changes this year, since Google bought FeedBlitz. The next change is due on 14 September: Google adverts, similar to the ones at the top of this blog, will appear at the bottom of FeedBlitz emails. This isn't my doing and I'm not being paid for it. It's Google's way of making money from a free service. We can't grumble, as we benefit from the service. For details, click the title link to FeedBlitz News blog.
Correction: Google didn't buy FeedBlitz.

4 Comments:

At 3/9/07, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi:

Google didn't buy FeedBLitz - we're an independent company and these aren't Google ads. The ad will appear at the bottom of your updates.

Thanks!

Phil

 
At 3/9/07, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Phil

Whoops! Sorry about that. I'll post a correction. I thought FeedBlitz and FeedBurner were at least linked as companies, and I'm pretty sure Google bought FeedBurner this year. Am I wrong about that too?

Maybe I'm getting paranoid about about Google!

Still, I wouldn't object too strongly if it wanted to pay me millions for Coxsoft Art News!

 
At 2/7/11, Anonymous Gail Gardner said...

Google bought FeedBURNER not FeedBlitz. FeedBlitz is an independent alternative to FeedBlitz with email marketing and social media capability built in.

 
At 2/7/11, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Gail

Phil Hollows of FeedBlitz corrected me soon after I published this post back in 2007. I'd forgotten all about it. I was right about Google buying FeedBurner. They bought Blogger too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home