Monday 7 January 2008

Rockwell USA Tour

Map of USA with Ohio, Florida and Virginia shown in yellow (2008)A reader has kindly sent me the itinerary of the US touring exhibition American Chronicles: The Art of Norman Rockwell. When it ends in Akron, Ohio, on 3 February, it will go to the Orlando Museum of Art, Florida, from 1 March to 26 May, thence to the Chrysler Museum of Art, Norfolk, Virginia, from 8 November to 1 February 2009, thence to the Museum of Art, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, from 14 November 2009 to 7 February 2010. I thought this was supposed to be a national tour. Only three states (shown in yellow), Florida twice. Come on, spread it around.

2 Comments:

At 9/1/08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, it’s me again
I found two more states on the itinerary in the website of Norman Rockwell Museum: http://www.nrm.org/page65

Detroit Institute of Arts, Michigan - March 8, 2009 through May 31, 2009
Wichita Art Museum, Kansas - March 6, 2010 through May 30, 2010

I guess additional venues will be announced.
Living in Switzerland, that gives me enough time to plan my visit in the next three years.

Cheers
Helmut

 
At 9/1/08, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Helmut

Thanks for the additional information. Looks as though they're heading out west too. I think you're right; this is a long-term project that could carry on to the middle of the century. I think I'll leave updating my map for a while!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home