Sunday 13 July 2008

Banksy Exposed?

Who?The Mail on Sunday claims to have uncovered the identity of guerrilla artist Banksy. On the basis of flimsy circumstantial evidence, it says Banksy is Robin Gunningham, a former public schoolboy educated at Bristol Cathedral School. Coxsoft Art doesn't believe a word of it, but read the article for yourself (title link). In a separate story, The Mail records a two-year prison sentence handed down to graffiti gang leader Andrew Gillman (CLICK). Love the judge's comment: "I have seen some examples of your handiwork and they show considerable talent in the field known as graffiti sub-culture that is on its way to be recognised as a valid form of art" (Judge Christopher Hardy). But the criminal damage ran into millions! Hence the two years.

4 Comments:

At 13/7/08, Blogger Unknown said...

I know - it's not him.

 
At 14/7/08, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the confirmation, Rev. I take it you're Banksy's priest and know all about him.

I'm sure I have a photo of Banksy on my blog, taken by a lady with serious camera tilt, and it's nothing like The Mail photo.

 
At 14/7/08, Blogger lennardg said...

Banksy is Gareth from "The office", when do you people wake up?..

 
At 14/7/08, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Lennard

I don't believe that either, but thanks for the chuckle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home