Tuesday 2 May 2006

Bouguereau v Hog Heaven

Bouguereau left - Hog Heaven right
Since I viewed Hog Heaven's robo version of Bouguereau's The Ford (1895) I've been wondering what makes the girl's face seem so sinister and unBouguereauish. I couldn't remember where I'd seen the original. Jacoblog pointed me in the right direction: www.artrenewal.org. Yes. That's where I first saw it. Many thanks, Jacoblog. Problem solved. The original has a pretty smile, but the robo version seems to be poking her tongue out. I had to download a half-meg graphic of the original to resolve the difference. Hog Heaven's 48K JPG has lost the girl's smile, due to poor resolution and the red of the lips bleeding into the white teeth, rather than to an artistic change. Sexy Leg remains an excellent graphic, but not so subtle as I'd thought. Not much of an advert for Adobe Photoshop, is it? I've done this with XnView and it's free!

1 Comments:

At 2/5/06, Blogger Unknown said...

Double wow! Lightning fast response! I'd only just finished posting to your Xanga site when the bell rang to tell me your e-mail had arrived.
I'm still trying to sort out my new Xanga site (work calls). If you visit my Before And After page at www.coxsoft-art.com, you'll have a preview of arts websites I intend to post at Xanga, when I get a roundtuit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home