Friday 6 October 2006

Google finds Coxsoft

Vermeer - Girl with a Pearl Earring (1665) Coxsoft enhanced graphicCoxsoft Art News posts have been a bit sparse lately, partly because I've already covered most of the London art exhibitions that opened this week, but mainly because I've been tinkering with my website. There are a variety of minor improvements. One problem was persuading Googlebot - Google's web crawler - to find my graphics. For those of you still baffled by this task, you need to put into your root directory the following robots.txt file:
User-agent: Mediapartners-Google*
Disallow:

There's also a Google-specific META tag:
meta name="googlebot" content="archive,follow"
Now, if you type "Coxsoft" into Google image search, it will find all the graphics on my Thumbnails page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home