Wednesday 6 June 2007

Lahore Lovelies

Talha Rathore - The Heart Settles II (2007)Don't get excited! The recently opened Aicon (Arts India Contemporary ... er ... on, as in icon) Gallery in Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BU, will show Lahore Lovelies: Contemporary Miniatures by Talha Rathore and Hasnat Mehmood from 22 June to 15 July 2007. As I can't see anything lovely about the boring piece shown here - Talha Rathore's The Heart Settles II (I thought it was a dead slug) - I'm not sure whether the title refers to the artists or to their works. My idea of a miniature is a miniature portrait or maybe a small landscape on an antique pot. Anything else is a computer icon. Does the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition still have a room of miniatures or has this art form died since my last visit?

2 Comments:

At 7/6/07, Blogger jafabrit said...

I can't say this is doing much for me, what the heck is it? Is there some textural painting quality we are not able to see? In fact I think it is rather horrid and I don't often say that about other artwork.

 
At 7/6/07, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll stick with my dead-slug theory. If you click the title link to visit the original ArtDaily story, you'll find a larger version of this graphic, but it doesn't help at all, although, if you look very closely, you can see some tiny text, like a street map in the background. (?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home