Friday 11 April 2008

A True Olympian

Olga Korbut? (I.C. enhanced)While we're on the subject of old black-and-white "art" photos of young ladies in the buff, here's the most interesting I've come across. It claims to be of Russian gymnast Olga Korbut, who won two gold medals and a silver in individual apparatus events at the Munich Olympics in 1972. The original graphic is of a genuinely old, deteriorating photo. I've tidied up the image. As far as I know, Olga Korbut is the only modern Olympian to let herself be photographed in the nude. So she's a true Olympian in more ways than one. During the ancient Olympic Games, all the competitors performed naked. There's an innocent joie de vivre in this image which I find quite enchanting.

2 Comments:

At 11/4/08, Blogger CAP said...

Go on, admit you old perv, you just made all that up as a pretext - especially that name!

 
At 11/4/08, Blogger Unknown said...

No. As far as I can tell this photo is genuine. It certainly isn't one of those Photoshop see-a-celebrity-in-the-buff fakes I've come across. I found it while I was researching a post on the Olympics I haven't yet published: how some Soviet-bloc countries used drugs to get their young gymnasts into shape.

Anyway, you try and get a Page 3 girl to jump like that. Stretcher job. Send me your photos.

The ancient Olympics Games were played in the nude. (Ladies Day was a separate event that men weren't allowed to attend.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home