Wednesday 13 June 2007

Sicko Art

The Fox And Hare (detail)The sickest UK art news of the week must be that Adam Morrigan, a Gloucestershire "artist", is hoping some idiot will pay £35,000 - that's his asking price, folks - for a display featuring the skins of two animals killed on the road, a fox and a hare. Sounds like a pub sign. To make it worse, he eats these road kills! I guess that's £1 for the art and £34,999 for the indigestion tablets. Have you ever seen a squashed road kill? You need a shovel to scrape it off the tarmac! Yuk! I notice he hasn't claimed to have eaten a flattened hedgehog yet. The prickles get between your teeth.

6 Comments:

At 14/6/07, Blogger jafabrit said...

effing grooooooooooooooan! Honestly this is just toooooooo much. Maybe he should stud them with diamonds as well.

 
At 14/6/07, Blogger Unknown said...

And just when I'd promised to find some better art to stop you groaning!
Sorry about that.
But look at the publicity he's had. A non-entity is suddenly a name in the art world! You need to come up with something like this to get the Jafabrit Brand noticed! I understand road kills are a bit bigger and lumpier in Canada - moose, ulk, grizzly bears - and tend to destroy cars. Could be a good meal in one of them.

 
At 15/6/07, Blogger jafabrit said...

yak, I always feel so sad when I see dead animals on the road, so the idea of using one for attention artwise is just, NO WAY. yak! no! bite yer tongue. I'll stick with me art balls, and artwork in the public loo.

 
At 15/6/07, Blogger Unknown said...

You have art balls? The mind boggles.

 
At 15/6/07, Blogger jafabrit said...

Not only art balls, but I have an idea brewing that I think will give you a chuckle.

 
At 15/6/07, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home