Saturday 12 April 2008

Shane Wolf

Shane Wolf - Academic Figure Drawing #4: Gaetano (2006)In case my lady readers are feeling left out with all the female nudes I've been posting this week, here's a handsome young fellow for you: Gaetano. But this isn't a photo! It's a graphite-on-paper drawing by Shane Wolf, full title Academic Figure Drawing #4: Gaetano (2006). I first mentioned Shane in 2006, when his sublime Isadora won an ARC Scholarship Award (CLICK). He's about to graduate from the Angel Academy of Art in Florence and has set up his own website (title link). It includes his still-life paintings and portraits as well as his superb figure drawings. It's a must for anyone with the faintest interest in traditional, high-quality art.

4 Comments:

At 13/4/08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Thanks a lot for the nice link to my site. I hope your viewers enjoy the works and the site.

Enjoying your art news and comments,
shane

 
At 14/4/08, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Shane

I'm glad you like the post. Please let me know when you've uploaded your latest work to your website, so I can have a look. When I visited your site I was so entranced by your drawings that I tended to overlook your paintings. An update on the lines of "Shane Wolf does colour too" would interest my readers!

As you're so near graduating, you might be interested in Michael Halbert's website. He's a professional US artist who specializes in scraperboard and he keeps an online diary of his projects. It's eye-opening the amount of work he puts into one small wine label. Type "Michael Halbert" in my search box.

Best of luck.

 
At 5/3/15, Blogger R said...

It is not only female readers who are interested in drawings of male figures.

 
At 5/3/15, Blogger Unknown said...

True.

It's the quality of the art that grabs my attention, whether the subject is male or female.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home